Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Drew's Post


Written by Drew 
Edited by Drew
Published by Drew
Starring Drew 
You're Welcome.

This morning I was thinking about my family. And if you think they are all perfect, you are in for a surprise. Here is the low down on who these people really are. 

Lucas- Let’s start with the most intriguing member of the family. I, for one, still hold to the belief that he was born on Krypton and that he was sent here by his parents to avoid him dying when the planet exploded. The only reason to suggest that he has to be an Admiraal is the sheer skininess. He makes Lincoln look obese. But all jokes aside, Lucas is someone who is full of surprises and I never am quite sure what to expect. One day he was randomly able to say the Greek alphabet. I never knew he could do that. He may be a Spartan because he always seems to have a war story to tell us at the dinner table. If you look at his Facebook profile, it says 
Kidnapped by Germans at age of three. Rescued by Russians, served 2 years in the Russians guerrilla warfare unit, then handed to the Americans 5 years in pentagon special intelligence, now working on a joint operation with MI6 and CIA”

Wow! That’s quite a resume for someone who just turned 13!

Johanna- I lovingly call her “motor mouth” because it just never stops. I’m serious. She doesn’t stop talking from the time she gets up to when she falls asleep (although she actually talks a lot in her sleep too.) I always have the urge to ask her “how many horse power is that motor” but I don’t because I know that one of two things will happen: I will either be karate chopped or be the subject of a long string of verbal abuse for the next 6 hours. It’s just not worth it. Johanna is overall a great human being though. She has a great heart for missions and she is planning to go to Uganda this summer with our church on a mission trip. 

Drew- I’ve heard that self- evaluation is very difficult but I’ll give it a shot (in the third person.) I, the narrator, am pretty sure that Drew may be perfect. I need to do a little more research but I am almost convinced. If he has one flaw, it’s that he works too hard. Alright, well enough said, moving on. 

Karin (mom)- My mom, according to my friends, is the greatest cook in all of Europe. Between her cookies and chili, they are convinced. Not to mention the burgers that my dad grilled for them over the summer. Needless to say, they are always asking to come over. I’m spoiled so I don’t always appreciate it as much but once in a while, she still comes up with something that shocks me. It’s hard to make fun of your mom because if you do, there is a very good chance you will get kicked out but I’ll come up with something. Hold on... Ummm..... (slap) Ok, well maybe me and my mom are both perfect (please don’t kick me out!)

Eric (dad)- My dad may be the second most intriguing person in the family. That’s probably where Lucas gets it from. I never know what to expect from him either. I have two theories that I’m still working on.

1. He has a plot to take over the world. As a result, he is very distracted making it seem like he is losing his mind.

2. He has actually lost his mind. He has finally snapped after all these years in which case we have to start looking for nursing homes where the nurses speak English because he is not going to learn French! 

I’m currently leaning towards number one.

My dad is a great person. He comes home every day from work and is never too tired to hear about our days and talk with us. I appreciate everything he does for the family.

My family is crazy, yes, but I’m not sure what I would do without them. I would have a very boring life is all I know. 

This post was originally called “Early Morning Musings” and was written by my mom. It was very sentimental and reflective and had a lot of good wisdom in it. So much for that! 

1 comment:

  1. No description of your awesome Aunt Beth? (Great blog, by the way.)

    ReplyDelete