Monday, September 26, 2011

The Garden I Don't Deserve, or Why I Miss My Mother


One of three apple trees. This one has borne lots of fruit. I've made apple sauce and apple crisp, and if my mom were here, she would help me cut up the apples and freeze them for the winter! Maybe the kids and I will still get to it.

The climbing roses over our outdoor patio. Lucas looks down on these from his bedroom window.
The pear tree.
Two lovely (and really tall) roses by the front door.
 
Are these hydrangeas?

I don't know what these are, but they are really cool-looking, don't you think?

 
Our very odd-looking pears.

Those of you who know me and gardening and especially, those of you who know my mom, will completely understand the title of this post. For others, I'm sure you can figure it out.

One of the things we love about our house is the beautiful yard. Unfortunately, since we have 7-foot-high privacy hedges, we don't really get to share the yard with anyone. So this blog is mostly pictures, my attempt to share the beautiful garden with you!


<>
A climbing rose next to our driveway.
Some of these pictures posted kind of strangely, but at least they're up!

1 comment:

  1. Those really are beautiful flowers. Hope you're not like me, I'd have them dead by the time I moved out (not intentionally of course). I believe the orangish red things are chinese lanterns.

    ReplyDelete